Boris Johnson recovering after minor operation

Politics

Boris Johnson is resting after undergoing a minor operation during which he was briefly under general anesthesia, Downing Street has said.

Deputy prime minister Dominic Raab will take any “significant decisions” that are required to be made ahead of the PM returning to work on Tuesday.

The prime minister’s official spokesperson said Mr Johnson went into a hospital in London around 6am on Monday for what was a routine procedure, on the NHS, related to his sinuses.

He was back in Downing Street shortly after 10am, the spokesperson added.

Mr Raab “was aware of this in advance” and the cabinet secretary Simon Case was also aware, Number 10 said. The operation had been “scheduled for a while”.

Mr Johnson’s sinus issue was not understood to be related to his COVID illness in 2020.

Mr Raab had stood in for the prime minister at that time when he was admitted to intensive care at the height of the pandemic.

More from Politics

The deputy PM later told the Conservatives’ virtual party conference that he feared Mr Johnson could have died.

In relation to the latest hospital admission, Downing Street would not say whether Mr Johnson had been on a waiting list.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

3 trends to watch as retailers prep for back-to-school, holiday shopping
Airbnb makes its party ban permanent
Nicola Sturgeon to lay out ‘route map’ to new Scottish independence vote
Tesla is cutting about 200 Autopilot jobs and closing office in San Mateo, California
Starz could turn into an ‘acquisition machine’ after Lionsgate spins it off

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.